Weekday Support Worker – Altrincham
£9.28ph - £10.78ph
FitzRoy Supported Living services provide care and support for adults with learning disabilities and autism in Altrincham, Cheshire. We are looking for enthusiastic new support workers with experience in dealing with behaviours that challenge to join our team - could this be you?
The people we support like to do a variety of activities in their own homes and out in the community, from relaxation sessions, arts and crafts, cooking meals, and going out for walks. We also support them to attend our day centre in Sale. The people we support live with Downs Syndrome and and dementia, and their support needs vary from verbal guidance with most of their daily care to full hands-on support such as personal care, mobility needs and medication administration.
- Weekday rates from £9.28ph rising to £10.78ph with overtime
- Part Time - either 12 hours per week (over two days), or 18 hours per week (over 3 days)
- Monday to Friday only: six hours shifts between 09.00 and 16.00
- For this role it is desirable to hold a full driving licence & be willing to drive our accessible vehicles, but the location has good public transport links
- Previous experience in social care and managing challenging behaviour essential
A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. Some of the people we support have mobility issues and challenging behaviour. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including personal care, supporting with meal preparation, and enabling the people we support to take part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
What we offer:
- Previous experience in social care along with an understanding of challenging behaviour is preferred, however, we will invest in your development & training to become an exceptional social care worker if experience is minimum.
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Enhanced overtime payments
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.