Trainee Support Worker – Bury St Edmunds
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
£10.39 - £11.42
The position is in a large house and 1 bedroom flat in Risby where we support gentlemen who are on the autistic spectrum and can present some behaviours that challenge. These men are active and like to walk so staff need to be willing to put the steps in each day. Driving is essential not only to get to work, as public transport does not meet the times of the shifts, but the men all have their own cars to enable to get out and about these cars are manual. We need staff who are willing help the men try and new things and take part in activities. Each gentleman requires 1-1 support and some 2-1 when going out. We have 1 wake in night staff.
We need staff who are flexible and passionate about caring for people and helping them live as independently as possible while keeping them safe.
FitzRoy Supported Living Services in Bury St Edmunds provide care & support for residents with learning difficulties and autism. We are seeking exceptional new support workers to join our friendly team– could this be you?
- Rates: £10.39 - £11.42 per hour + £2.50 p/h extra for over time
- Typical Day shift patterns: - 0700 to 1430 and 1400 to 2200 , you will need to available for both shifts and will be required to work weekends
- Typical Night shift patterns - 2100 to 0700
- Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
- Part Time (22.5 hours per week)
- Bank (0 hours) contracts available
- For this role it is essential to hold a full driving licence & be willing to drive our accessible vehicles.
A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
Night duties also include supporting night time and morning activities including personal care, domestic work and responding promptly to provide support as required throughout the night. There will be additional cleaning duties and paperwork to complete alongside your supporting duties. You will be expected to carry out everyday tasks including support and encouragement with personal care as well as taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts