Support Workers – Uckfield
Uckfield, East Sussex
FitzRoy are recruiting Support Workers to join our fantastic team in Uckfield. Linden Cottage is a small care home providing support to 6 residents with learning & physical disabilities.
- Part Time (25/30hpw)
- Bank (zero hours casual contract)
Shifts can include early's (from 7am), lates (until 10pm), weekends and occasional Sleep-ins
Staff will be required to drive a 5-seat vehicle adapted for wheelchairs – a manual driving licence is essential.
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events,
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning,
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
As a Support Worker, experience is not required. We are keen to recruit people who share our values and ensure they remain at the heart of everything we do.
- We See the Person – You will encourage choice & respect the opinions, beliefs & dignity of others. Treat people as equals, be thoughtful, discreet & maintain confidentiality
- We are creative- You will encourage & support everyone to reach their goals, think of solutions to problems & actively involve the people we support in every aspect of their lives
- We are brave- Be positive, embrace new ideas, experiences & challenges. You must be genuine, honest and a voice for others.
Why join FitzRoy?
FitzRoy is a dynamic and inspiring national Charity committed to transforming the lives of people with disabilities and autism. We offer a welcoming & supportive environment & invest in award winning training, so you can feel confident in the work you do. We offer competitive salaries & enhancements, 28 days holiday, pension, life insurance, childcare vouchers & many other sector- leading benefits.
Ready to apply?
If you are a Care Assistant, Care & Support Worker or completely new to care we want to hear from you! Please click ‘apply’ to complete a short application form.
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period & reserve the right to close the advert early.