Support Workers – Stalham
FitzRoy are recruiting Support Workers to join our fantastic team in Stalham. Allen Meale Way is a small care home providing support to 6 residents with learning & physical disabilities.
If you are a Care Assistant, Care & Support Worker or completely new to care we want to hear from you!
- Part Time (various hours available)
- Bank (zero hours casual contract)
Typical Shifts are: 0700 to 1430 and 1400 to 2130. Hours can vary depending on the needs of the service and applicants must be prepared to be flexible and to work 2 out of 4 weekends
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events,
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning,
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
- A Full Driving Licence is required so that residents can be driven out into the community
As a Support Worker, experience is not required. We are keen to recruit people who share our values and ensure they remain at the heart of everything we do.
- We See the Person – You will encourage choice & respect the opinions, beliefs & dignity of others. Treat people as equals, be thoughtful, discreet & maintain confidentiality
- We are creative- You will encourage & support everyone to reach their goals, think of solutions to problems & actively involve the people we support in every aspect of their lives
- We are brave- Be positive, embrace new ideas, experiences & challenges. You must be genuine, honest and a voice for others.
Why join FitzRoy?
FitzRoy is a dynamic and inspiring national Charity committed to transforming the lives of people with disabilities and autism. We offer a welcoming & supportive environment & invest in award winning training, so you can feel confident in the work you do. We offer competitive salaries & enhancements, 28 days holiday, pension, life insurance, childcare vouchers & many other sector- leading benefits.
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period & reserve the right to close the advert early.