Support Workers – Part Time – Fakenham
Location: Fakenham, Norfolk
Expiry date: 19/12/2017 23:59:00
FitzRoy are recruiting Part Time Learning Disability Support Workers to join our fantastic Domiciliary Care Team in the Fakenham and Holt areas.
If you are a Health Care Support Worker, Health Care Assistant or a Carer looking for a new positive and rewarding role or just wish to top up your hours, then join FitzRoy.
You will need to have your own transport and will receive 32p a mile expenses.
- Part Time - 25 hours or less
- Bank (zero hours casual contract)
You will be required to travel between our clients homes to provide care and support for a period of time, sometimes with a break in between. You will be required to be available for early and late hours, be prepared to carry out sleep ins and work every other weekend.
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
What we look for in our support workers/carers:
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible availability, able to provide care for a few hours, have a break, and then go to another area, often evenings and mornings
- To include weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others
- Drivers Licence and vehicle essential
What we offer:
- Day - £8.11ph with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application
Click Apply for a full job description and to complete an Application Form