Support Workers – driver essential – male only -March
Salary: £8.63 ph
Expiry date: 01/11/2017 23:59:00
Due to continued growth and expansion, FitzRoy are now looking to recruit Learning Disability Support Workers to join our fantastic team in March, Cambridgeshire, where we support a young man in his own home.
"I am a young gentleman, living in my own home in March and I love to go out. I really enjoy going to speedway racing, going to country parks, going to the pub for a drink and long walks by the river. I live close to the centre of March and I am looking for Support Workers with previous experience who can hit the ground running.
You’ll join my small team working on a 4 weekly shift rota that includes early, late, weekends, sleep-ins and Bank Holiday shifts. As I live on my own and really enjoy going out, being able to drive my car is essential. "
If you are a Health Care Support Worker, Health Care Assistant or a Carer looking for a new positive and rewarding role or just wish to top up your hours, then join FitzRoy.
FitzRoy is a national charity that provides support and care for more than 800 people with learning disabilities so they can live independent lives.
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Shifts - 0700 to 1430 and 1400 to 2130, you will be required to do some sleep ins and to work every other weekend
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
What we look for in our support workers/carers:
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible availability, to include weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others
- Drivers Licence essential
What we offer:
- Day - £8.63ph with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application
Click Apply to visit our website for a full job description and to complete an Application Form