Support Workers – Bury St Edmunds
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Expiry date: 25/01/2018 23:59:00
Due to continued growth and expansion, FitzRoy are now looking to recruit Learning Disability Support Workers to join our fantastic team at our services in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
If you are a Health Care Support Worker, Health Care Assistant or a Carer looking for a new positive and rewarding role or just wish to top up your hours, then join FitzRoy.
FitzRoy is a national charity that provides support and care for more than 800 people with learning disabilities so they can live independent lives.
- Full Time and Part Time ( Day and Night)
- Bank (zero hours casual contract)
Shifts are usually 0700 to 1430 and 1400 to 2130. You will be required to work every other weekend and be available for either shift.
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
What we look for in our support workers/carers:
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible availability, to include weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others
- Drivers Licence and vehicle (Not essential but desirable)
What we offer:
- Day - £8.11ph Night – £8.36ph with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application
Click Apply to visit our website for a full job description and to complete an Application Form