Support Workers – Bury St Edmunds
Bury St Edmunds
£8.27ph to £8.52ph
FitzRoy are recruiting Support Workers to join our fantastic team in Bury St Edmunds. We have a number of Supported Living Services across the area providing support to residents with learning & physical disabilities.
- Full Time (37.5 hpw) Day and Night
- Part Time (various hours available)
- Bank (zero hours casual contract)
Day Shifts are usually 0700 to 1430 and 1400 to 2130. You will be required to work every other weekend and be available for either shift. Additionally you will be required to carry out Sleep – ins as required.
Night Shifts - 2115 - 0715 to include alternate weekends
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events,
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning,
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
As a Support Worker, experience is not required. We are keen to recruit people who share our values and ensure they remain at the heart of everything we do.
- We See the Person – You will encourage choice & respect the opinions, beliefs & dignity of others. Treat people as equals, be thoughtful, discreet & maintain confidentiality
- We are creative- You will encourage & support everyone to reach their goals, think of solutions to problems & actively involve the people we support in every aspect of their lives
- We are brave- Be positive, embrace new ideas, experiences & challenges. You must be genuine, honest and a voice for others.
Why join FitzRoy?
FitzRoy is a dynamic and inspiring national Charity committed to transforming the lives of people with disabilities and autism. We offer a welcoming & supportive environment & invest in award winning training, so you can feel confident in the work you do. We offer competitive salaries & enhancements, 28 days holiday, pension, life insurance, childcare vouchers & many other sector- leading benefits.
Ready to apply?
If you are a Care Assistant, Care & Support Worker or completely new to care we want to hear from you! Please click ‘apply’ to complete a short application form.
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period & reserve the right to close the advert early.