Support Worker – West Earlham
West Earlham, Norfolk
£9.16ph - £11.58ph
FitzRoy provides residential care and support for adults with learning disabilities and autism. We support seven people ranging from 22 to 76 in age and their support needs vary from verbal guidance with most of their daily care to full hands-on support such as personal care , eating and drinking, mobility needs and medication. We are seeking exceptional new Support Workers to join our friendly team – could this be you?
- Weekday rates from £9.16ph rising to £10.66ph with overtime, weekend rates £10.08ph rising to £11.58ph with overtime
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Part Time at weekends also available
- Bank staff also sought
- Shift patterns are a mixture of earlies (07.00-14.30), mids (10:30-18.00) and lates (14.15 to 21.45)
- The service is close to the University, and there are regular bus services nearby.
The people we support like to do a variety of activities from art and crafts, games and going out to the shops, or for something to eat, or taking day trips to go bowling and to the theatre. A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancement rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Perkbox shopping discounts
- Blue Light Discount Card for staff
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.