Support Worker – Waterlooville
Support Worker - Waterlooville
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Salary: £8.80ph + enhancements
FitzRoy are looking to recruit part time Learning Disability Support Workers to join our fantastic team at our small Supported Living Service in Waterlooville.
If you are a Health Care Support Worker, Health Care Assistant or looking for a new positive and rewarding role or just wish to top up your hours, then join FitzRoy.
FitzRoy is a national charity that provides support and care for more than 800 people with learning disabilities so they can live independent lives.
- Part Time (15 hours per week) 2 shifts + sleep
- Bank ( flexible 0 hour contracts)
Working pattern: Monday 1400 -1130- sleep in- Tuesday 0630 -1230.
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
What we look for in our support workers/carers:
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible availability, to include weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others
- Drivers Licence preferred
What we offer:
- £8.80ph with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application