Support Worker – Mansfield
FitzRoy are now looking to recruit Learning Disability Support Workers to join our fantastic team in Mansfield.
If you are a Health Care Support Worker, Health Care Assistant or a Carer looking for a new positive and rewarding role in Supported Living or just wish to top up your hours, then join FitzRoy.
FitzRoy is a national charity that provides support and care for more than 800 people with learning disabilities so they can live independent lives.
The role will be for one of 3 Supported Living Services in Mansfield and will be to support the service users in both the service and community. The Service Users have their own vehicles, which means that a driving license will be required for the role.
- Full Time – 37.5 hours (Male)
- Part Time – 30 hours
Shifts may include occasional Sleep-ins and alternate weekends
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
What we look for in our support workers/carers:
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible availability, to include weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others
- Drivers Licence and vehicle essential
What we offer:
- £8.27ph with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application