Support Worker – Mansfield
Expiry date: 30/01/2018 23:59:00
FitzRoy are now looking to recruit Learning Disability Support Workers to join our fantastic team in Mansfield.
If you are a Health Care Support Worker, Health Care Assistant or a Carer looking for a new positive and rewarding role in Supported Living or just wish to top up your hours, then join FitzRoy.
FitzRoy is a national charity that provides support and care for more than 800 people with learning disabilities so they can live independent lives.
The role will be for one of 3 Supported Living Services in Mansfield and will be to support the service users with general household tasks, personal care and different activities (e.g. High Speed Walking). The Service Users have mobility cars, which means that a driving license will be required for the role. Due to the service users attending day services, shifts will be mainly in the afternoon, from 14.30 / 15.00 until the evening and sleep-ins will be required.
- Part Time – 20 hours or 30 hours
- Bank (zero hours casual contract)
- Shifts will mainly be lates (from 14.30 / 15.00 until 7pm - 10pm), weekends and Sleep-ins
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
What we look for in our support workers/carers:
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible availability, to include weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others
- Drivers Licence and vehicle essential
What we offer:
- £8.11ph with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application