Support Worker – Malvern
£10.02 - £15.52ph
FitzRoy Residential Support Services in Malvern provides care & support for young residents across two bungalows. Our aim is to provide a family environment, encouraging the people we support to lead a life of achievements no matter how big or small. We are seeking exceptional new Support Workers to join our friendly team – could this be you?
The service currently employs ten staff members supporting six people in each at present, and they have a mixture of learning disabilities and physical needs. We have on-site a porta cabin that caters for the people we support to use computers, and this has adaptations for communication too. The people we support enjoy cooking, baking, musical activities, swimming, day trips, and enjoying time gardening in the property's large garden. The residents will also require support during external activities such as evening clubs, hydro-therapy sessions and care farms, so an applicant who enjoys swimming would be desirable.
- Day shift: £10.02 per hour weekdays and £11.02 weekends.
- Currently offering + £2.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- Sleep-ins are £50 per night.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
We’re hiring Support Workers
As a support worker, you’ll wake up every day feeling good about your work. Even without previous care experience, as long as you have the right values we’ll train and support you to be confident in delivering care and support to transform lives for people with disabilities.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker’s day is varied and rewarding. You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Get involved in a range of people’s interests and activities, including swimming and baking.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
Support Worker Hours
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts. Shifts are 7.5 hours, and a full-time contract is 37.5hours (5 shifts a week). The earliest start is from 7am and the latest finish is until 10pm.
Weekend working is essential, which will be on a rotating basis and when you work a weekend you will have the time off in the week.
What are the Benefits for our Support Workers?
- 30 days holiday when you start (Pro rata for part time).
- Enhanced rates of pay for weekends and overtime shifts.
- Cash back scheme on health care such as dentists and opticians.
- Access to virtual GPs.
- Free legal advice.
- Blue Light Card for instant shopping and leisure discounts.
- Paid DBS and paid subscription to the Update Service.
- Long Service Bonuses.
- Life assurance.
- Free access to counselling.
- Investment in your training and development.
- Overtime attracts + £2.50 per hour.