Support Worker – Malvern
£9.36ph - £11.80ph
FitzRoy Residential Support Services in Malvern provides care & support for young residents across two bungalows. Our aim is to provide a family environment, encouraging the people we support to lead a life of achievements no matter how big or small. We are seeking exceptional new Support Workers to join our friendly team – could this be you?
The service currently employs ten staff members supporting six people in each at present, and they have a mixture of learning disabilities and physical needs. We have on-site a porta cabin that caters for the people we support to use computers, and this has adaptations for communication too. The people we support enjoy cooking, baking, musical activities, swimming, day trips, and enjoying time gardening in the property's large garden. The residents will also require support during external activities such as evening clubs, hydro-therapy sessions and care farms, so an applicant who enjoys swimming would be desirable.
- Weekday rate of £9.36 per hour rising to £10.86 with overtime, weekend rates £10.30ph rising to £11.80 with overtime
- Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
- Part time hours also available
- To include early/mid/lates - shift patterns are from 07.30-15.00/14.30-22.00/10.30-18.00
- Sleep-ins and weekend shifts will also be required
- Driver preferred although not essential
A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancement rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Perkbox shopping discounts
- Blue Light Discount Card for staff
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.