Support Worker – Longford, Coventry
£9.16ph - £11.58ph
FitzRoy Supported Living service in Coventry provide care and support for ten adult residents with learning disabilities out in the community. We provide support to residents with learning and physical disabilities in the community, some who have very complex needs, and the role will require supporting with personal care. We are seeking exceptional new female Support Workers to join our friendly team of ten – could this be you?
- Female only due to the needs or the service users
- Weekday rates from £9.16ph rising to £10.66ph with overtime, weekend rates from £10.08ph rising to £11.58ph with overtime
- Part time contracts available (up to 36 hours per week)
- Shift patterns variable to cover earlies (07.30-14.30), and lates (14.30-21.00) with flexibility essential throughout the week
- Sleep-in required once a week (at a £45 sleep-in rate)
- Bank Holiday and weekend work required (with enhanced pay for weekend work)
- Lone working role so must be confident using own initiative
- Previous experience with challenging behaviour would be beneficial
- For this role it is desirable to hold a full driving licence
- Good local public transport links
The people we support enjoy a variety of activities such as knitting, going out for pub meals, days out to go bowling or play bingo, or trips to do their shopping. A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives.
What we offer:
- Previous experience in social care along with an understanding of challenging behaviour is preferred, however, we will invest in your development & training to become an exceptional social care worker if experience is minimum
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.