Support Worker – Locks Heath
Locks Heath, Hampshire
FitzRoy are now looking to recruit Learning Disability Support Workers to join our fantastic team in Locks Heath.
If you are a Health Care Support Worker, Health Care Assistant or a Carer looking for a new positive and rewarding role or just wish to top up your hours, then join FitzRoy.
FitzRoy is a national charity that provides support and care for more than 800 people with learning disabilities so they can live independent lives.
This role is to support up to 5 young adults on the Autistic Spectrum in a Supported Living Service in Locks Heath. The people living in the service lead busy, fun filled lives and like to be supported with many different activities such as bowling, canoeing, boating etc.
- Days; Part Time; (10 - 25 hours per week)
- Night; Part Time (18 hours)
- Bank (zero hours casual contract)
- Shifts can include early's (from 7am), lates (until 10pm), weekends and occasional Sleep-ins
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
What we look for in our support workers/carers:
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible availability, to include weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others
- Drivers Licence and vehicle (not essential but desirable)
What we offer:
- £8.80ph days OR £9.06ph nights with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application