Support Worker – Liss
£10.17 - £15.67 per hour
Whitegates View is a residential service, separated into 4 separate houses, based in the beautiful countryside of Liss, Hampshire. We provide care and support to 21 residents with learning disabilities, many of whom have other medical conditions.
Many of our residents partake in different activities and hobbies, which you would be actively involved in, so having fun and wanting to make a difference is key. You will be working alongside a fantastic, established team who are passionate about what they do, supporting our residents and working closely with our practice development lead, increasing communication skills. Everyday brings new experiences, so if you are looking for a varied yet rewarding role then this is for you!
- Day shift: £10.17 per hour weekdays and £11.17 weekends.
- Currently offering + £2.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
We’re hiring Support Workers
As a support worker, you’ll wake up every day feeling good about your work. Even without previous care experience, as long as you have the right values we’ll train and support you to be confident in delivering care and support to transform lives for people with disabilities.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker’s day is varied and rewarding. You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Be actively involved in a range of people’s interests and activities from shopping, to crafts to bowling or swimming.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
Support Worker Hours
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts. Shifts are 7.5 hours, and a full-time contract is 37.5hours (5 shifts a week). The earliest start is from 7am and the latest finish is until 10pm.
Weekend working is essential, which will be on a rotating basis and when you work a weekend you will have the time off in the week.
What are the Benefits for our Support Workers?
- 30 days holiday when you start (Pro rata for part time).
- Enhanced rates of pay for weekends and overtime shifts.
- Cash back scheme on health care such as dentists and opticians.
- Access to virtual GPs.
- Free legal advice.
- Blue Light Card for instant shopping and leisure discounts.
- Paid DBS and paid subscription to the Update Service.
- Long Service Bonuses.
- Life assurance.
- Free access to counselling.
- Investment in your training and development.
- *Overtime attracts + £2.50 per hour.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form.