Support Worker – Grayshott, near Hindhead
Grayshott, near Hindhead, Surrey
£10.34 - £13.84 per hour
Fitzroy are recruiting support workers to join a fantastic established team in Grayshott, near Hindhead.
Donec Mews is a residential setting, supporting 16 residents with learning difficulties, autism and mental health needs. Set in a stunning rural location, with 3 separate houses and beautiful gardens on the grounds where our first service was started by Elizabeth Fitzroy, making this a truly privileged place to work.
The people we support love partaking in various different activities, from bowling to local pub visits and cinema, so no two days will be the same. If you are working in care or are looking to get into a new rewarding role, we would love to hear from you. All we ask is that you are kind, caring and supportive with a great sense of humour! A driving licence and own vehicle are preferred for this role, due to location.
- Day shift: £10.34 per hour weekdays and £11.34 weekends.
- Currently offering + £2.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
We’re hiring Support Workers
As a support worker, you’ll wake up every day feeling good about your work. Even without previous care experience, as long as you have the right values we’ll train and support you to be confident in delivering care and support to transform lives for people with disabilities.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker’s day is varied and rewarding. You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Actively involved in a range of people’s interests and activities.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
Support Worker Hours
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts. Shifts are 7.5 hours, and a full-time contract is 37.5hours (5 shifts a week). The earliest start is from 7am and the latest finish is until 10pm.
Weekend working is essential, which will be on a rotating basis and when you work a weekend you will have the time off in the week.
What are the Benefits for our Support Workers?
- 30 days holiday when you start (Pro rata for part time).
- Enhanced rates of pay for weekends and overtime shifts.
- Cash back scheme on health care such as dentists and opticians.
- Access to virtual GPs.
- Free legal advice.
- Blue Light Card for instant shopping and leisure discounts.
- Paid DBS and paid subscription to the Update Service.
- Long Service Bonuses.
- Life assurance.
- Free access to counselling.
- Investment in your training and development.
- *Overtime attracts + £2.50 per hour.