Support Worker – Chineham
FitzRoy Supported Living Service in Chineham provides care & support for young residents with learning difficulties and autism. We are seeking exceptional new support workers to join our friendly team – could this be you?
- Set Day rate of £8.97ph / Set Night rate of £9.24ph
- Full time (37.5hrs pw) Part time (various hours available), bank (zero hour contract)
- Typical shift patterns: alternate weekends & sleep-ins
For this role it is preferred to hold a full driving licence & be willing to drive our accessible vehicles.
Previous experience in care along with an understanding of challenging behaviour is preferred, however, we will invest in your development & training to become an exceptional care worker if experience is a minimum.
We are keen to find people who share our values:
- We see the person - encourage choice and respect the opinions, beliefs and dignity of others. Treat people as equals, be thoughtful, discreet and maintain confidentiality
- We are creative - encourage and support everyone to reach their goals, think of solutions to problems and actively involve people in every aspect of their lives
- We are brave - be positive, embrace new ideas, experiences and challenges. Be genuine, honest and a voice for others.
A support worker’s day is varied and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. Through getting the know the people you support, you will identify and work with them to achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including support and encouragement with personal care as well as taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
Support worker benefits: To reward our staff for the amazing work they do, FitzRoy offers some fantastic perks: 28 days holiday, paid DBS, Care Certificate, enhanced overtime payments, pension scheme, life insurance and access to a variety of online discounts with major retailers.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form or call Louise on 01730 711 070 for an informal chat
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early