Support Worker – Chineham, Basingstoke
£10.02 - £11.02ph
FitzRoy Supported Living Service in Chineham provides care & support for young residents with learning difficulties and autism. We are seeking exceptional new support workers to join our friendly team – could this be you?
Job Title: Support Worker
Hours: Full time or Part time
Salary: £10.02 – £15.52ph
- Day shift: £10.02 per hour weekdays and £11.02 weekends.
- Currently offering + £4.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- Sleep-ins are £45 per night.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
We’re hiring Support Workers
As a support worker, you’ll wake up every day feeling good about your work. Even without previous care experience, as long as you have the right values we’ll train and support you to be confident in delivering care and support to transform lives for people with disabilities.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker’s day is varied and rewarding. Working in our fun and vibrant service supporting 18 residents with learning difficulties, autism and mental health needs, You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Be actively involved in a range of people’s interests and activities.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
Support Worker Hours
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts. Shifts are 7.5 hours, and a full-time contract is 37.5hours (5 shifts a week). The earliest start is from 7am and the latest finish is until 10pm.
Weekend working is essential, which will be on a rotating basis and when you work a weekend you will have the time off in the week.
What are the Benefits for our Support Workers?
- 30 days holiday when you start (Pro rata for part time).
- Enhanced rates of pay for weekends and overtime shifts.
- Cash back scheme on health care such as dentists and opticians.
- Access to virtual GPs.
- Free legal advice.
- Blue Light Card for instant shopping and leisure discounts.
- Paid DBS and paid subscription to the Update Service.
- Long Service Bonuses.
- Life assurance.
- Free access to counselling.
- Investment in your training and development.
- *Overtime attracts + £1.50 per hour, until March 2022 we’re temporarily offering + £4.50 per hour.
Our vaccination requirements
Applicants must demonstrate a COVID PASS.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form.
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early