Support Worker – Bury St Edmunds
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
£10.39 - £11.42
FitzRoy Supported Living Services in Bury St Edmunds provide care & support for residents with learning difficulties and autism. We are seeking exceptional new support workers to join our friendly team– could this be you?
Vacancy available: Part Time
Mon 7am - 10am & 4.30pm - 9.30pm
Tues 7am - 10am & 4.30pm - 9.30pm
Weds 7am - 10am & 3.30pm - 9.30pm
Thurs 7am - 10am & 4.30pm - 9.30pm
- Rates from £10.39 to £11.42 +£1.50 p/h (overtime)
- For this role it is essential to hold a full driving licence & be willing to drive our accessible vehicles.
A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
Night duties also include supporting night time and morning activities including personal care, domestic work and responding promptly to provide support as required throughout the night. There will be additional cleaning duties and paperwork to complete alongside your supporting duties. You will be expected to carry out everyday tasks including support and encouragement with personal care as well as taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts