Support Worker- Bicester
FitzRoy are now looking to recruit Support Workers to join the team in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
As a support worker you will support 5 adults with physical disabilities and acquired brain injuries with everything they need to live a life as independent as possible in a newly built Supported Living service in Bicester.
If you are a Health Care Support Worker, Health Care Assistant or a Carer looking for a new positive and rewarding role or just wish to top up your hours, then join FitzRoy.
FitzRoy is a national charity that provides support and care for more than 800 people with learning disabilities so they can live independent lives.
- Full Time (37.5)
- Part Time (22.5)
- Bank (0 hour)
Shifts could include earlies (from 7am), lates (until 10pm), alternate weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
What we look for in our support workers/carers:
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible availability, to include weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others
- Drivers Licence and vehicle (desirable)
- Experience in dealing with challenging behaviour (desirable)
What we offer:
- £8.80ph with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application
Click apply to complete a short application form or call Helen on 01730 711081 for more details