Support Worker – Basingstoke
£10.02 - £15.52 per hour
FitzRoy Supported Living Services in Basingstoke provide care and support for seven young residents with learning difficulties and autism. We are seeking exceptional new support workers to work across our three services in the Basingstoke area.
The people we support like to take part in a variety of activities from meals out and gong shopping, to bowling and swimming. We are seeking exceptional new Support Workers to join our friendly team of 13 staff – could this be you?
- Weekday rates from £10.02ph rising to £14.52ph with overtime, weekend rates from £11.02ph rising to £15.52ph with overtime
- Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
- Part time (22.5 hours per week)
- Typical shift patterns fall between 07.00 - 22.00
- Sleep-ins sometimes required (at £45 sleep-in allowance)
- For this role it is preferable that you hold a full driving licence & be willing to drive our accessible vehicles
A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
What we offer:
- Previous experience in social care along with an understanding of challenging behaviour is preferred, however, we will invest in your development & training to become an exceptional social care worker if experience is minimum
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.