Support Worker – Arnold
Location: Arnold, Nottinghamshire
Expiry date: 09/02/2018 23:59:00
Due to continued growth and expansion, FitzRoy are now looking to recruit Learning Disability Support Workers to join our fantastic team in Nottingham / Arnold.
If you are a Health Care Support Worker, Health Care Assistant or a Carer looking for a new positive and rewarding role in Supported Living or just wish to top up your hours, then join FitzRoy.
In the service 4 men live in their own flats with communal space and all are on the autistic spectrum. This can lead to challenging behaviours. In order to minimise this, routine and consistency is very important in all aspects of their life and as a Support Worker will be required to ensure this is promoted. The people we support have high support packages of 1:1 and 1:2 staffing throughout the day.
FitzRoy is a national charity that provides support and care for more than 800 people with learning disabilities so they can live independent lives.
- Full time – 37.5 hours
- Part Time – 20 hours or 30 hours
- Bank (zero hours casual contract)
- Shifts can include early's (from 7am), lates (until 10pm), weekends and occasional Sleep-ins
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
What we look for in our support workers/carers:
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible availability, to include weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others
- Challenging behaviour experience
- Drivers Licence essential
What we offer:
- £8.11ph with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application