Support Worker Apprentice
Newhaven, East Sussex
Are you looking to start a career in health and social care? Want to learn in a supportive environment? If you are eager to learn whilst you earn, then this could be the ideal role for you.
Webb House is our registered care home in Newhaven. We provide care and support for 19 men and women with learning disabilities. Many of them also have significant health issues and physical disabilities. We transform the lives of our residents by offering person centred support that ensures everyone reaches their goals and aspirations.
To be successful at Webb House, you will need to be passionate about our residents, a real team player and not afraid of hard work in what can often be a physically and mentally demanding role. Our roles offer a great opportunity to learn the skills and experience required to successfully complete your Level 2 or Level 3 Diploma and to kickstart your career in Health and Social Care.
We can offer a permanent contract of either 30 hours or 37.5 hours a week. Shifts are 7.5 hours and you will work a fixed pattern on a 4 weekly rolling rota:
- Morning shift - 0730 to 1500
- Afternoon shift: 1430 to 2200
Our shifts are busy so it is essential that you are a team player as our residents are very active and have their own hobbies in the community and indoors. Weekend working is essential, but you will have the time off in the week and always have at least one weekend off in a 4-week period.
- Day shift: £7.88 per hour
- There is overtime for those who are looking to earn more +£1.50ph
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays
What we offer:
- 30 days holiday– increasing to 33 with 2 years service.
- Blue Light Card
- Healthcare Cashback scheme (for dentists/opticians etc)
- Workplace pension and life assurance
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme with a virtual GP
- Apprenticeship agreement for a Health & Social Care Diploma
- Support and encouragement to successfully complete your qualification
For a full list of benefits please check out our Benefits page here.