Service Manager – Locks Heath
Locks Heath, Hampshire
£30,000 - £32,000 p.a.
FitzRoy are a national organisation and our values are strong - we are brave, we are creative, and we see the whole person. We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a new Service Manager in the Locks Heath area of Hampshire. This an exciting role to build new partnerships and support people with learning disabilities to lead fun and exciting lives. Have you got the drive, ambition and enthusiasm to implement new ways of working, and deliver excellent services for the people we support? If you’re up for the challenge we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for the right person to manage a supported living service that’s home to five people between the ages of 23 and 36. Two gentlemen currently living here are soon to be moving out into a new home nearby, this will be an exciting challenge for them, one that this role will be key in supporting. They enjoy keeping active, playing sports, meeting friends, and keeping busy enjoying life is key for them with the service being a hub of activity.
Are you ready to lead a team of 16 people to deliver ‘outstanding’ services? Our CQC rating is Good, but we are aiming for better. With the support of your Deputy Managers, you will lead, empower and develop a team to ensure a sustainable, quality person-centred service is provided, which can truly transform people’s lives. You will be able to develop relationships with people we support and their families and have strong organisational skills, demonstrating your ability to prioritize your workload effectively and accurately. We are transforming the way we deliver our services, introducing digital support plans, assistive technology and making sure every moment counts to achieve positive outcomes.
- Permanent position
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- £30,000 - £32,000 p.a. dependant on experience
What we look for:
- Experience of managing Learning Disability Support Services
- Minimum Level 3 NVQ in Health & Social Care
- Passion for leading positive change
- Resilient, resourceful and solutions focused attitude
- Commitment to transforming lives and promoting the rights of people with disabilities
- Drivers Licence and vehicle essential (mileage paid)
Please see attached Job Description & Person Specification for a full description of the role and responsibilities.
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Paid DBS certificate and Update Service Subscription
- Enhanced overtime payments
- Training and Development to further your skills.
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.