Senior Support Worker
FitzRoy is a national charity that transforms lives by providing support for people with learning disabilities, so they can live the lives they choose. We are looking for a Senior Support Worker (37.5hrs per week) within our Registered Care Home in Hindhead
Senior Support Worker
£10.67 per hour (£20,868.06 per annum)
- Support the Management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location.
- Act as a role model for excellent practice; be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the Manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- Work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals, and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- Give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- Carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.
We are looking for applicants with a minimum of one year experience in the Care industry. You will ideally have a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care and an understanding of the needs and rights of people with a disability and the issues that people might face.
If you love helping people and want to make a difference to someone’s life and allow them to choose the life, they wish we want to hear from you.
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.