Senior Support Worker – Teddington (Internal only)
Teddington, Greater London
£12.77 - £16.27 per hour
FitzRoy provide care and support for residents with learning disabilities and autism in their services in Teddington, some of whom are non-verbal communicators. At Cherry Tree House we provide care in a supported living setting for 4 female residents. Our staff are reliable, efficient, and hard working, and at present form a supportive team of seven at Cherry Tree House.
We are seeking an exceptional new Senior Support Worker to join our friendly team – could this be you? You will be an experienced Support Worker who has recent social care experience of working with people who are on the autistic spectrum & will have demonstrable experience of working with adults with learning disabilities. If you love helping people and want to make a difference to someone’s life we want to hear from you.
- Weekday rates from £12.77ph rising to £14.52ph with overtime, weekend rates £13.77ph rising to £15.52ph with overtime
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Day Shifts between 7.30am and 10pm, with shift patterns including earlies, mids, and lates
- Alternate weekend work required
- For this role it is preferred, though not essential, that applicants hold a full driving licence & are willing to drive our accessible vehicles
As a Senior Support worker duties will involve:
- Support the management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location.
- You will be required to act as a role model for excellent practice.
- You will be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the Manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- You will need to work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- A Senior Support Worker must give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- You will carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.
The people we support are very engaged with the taff team and keen to be involved in the running of their home at Cherry Tree. The residents enjoy lots of different activities including walks along the river, social clubs, art and music classes, eating out, going shopping, and meeting up with their family. Days out to London Zoo, Paradise Wildlife Park and more are enjoyed by our residents. Staff may also support the residents with trips to the Hydrotherapy pool (staff do not need to know how to swim as the pool is mainly used for exercising). Companion cycling is also popular amongst our residents, and staff are expected to be able to cycle for this activity.
What we offer:
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
We welcome application form all current Fitzroy employees and agency staff.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org