Senior Support Worker – Rayleigh
£10.27ph - £12.80ph
FitzRoy Residential Care in Rayleigh provides care and support for nine adults aged between 48-63 with learning disabilities and autism, some with physical impairments. The people we support enjoy going swimming, trampolining, listening to music, and watching movies. We are seeking exceptional new support workers to join our friendly team of 30 staff – could this be you?
You will be an experienced Support Worker who has recent experience of working with people who are on the autistic spectrum & will have demonstrable experience of working with adults with learning disabilities. If you love helping people and want to make a difference to someone’s life we want to hear from you!
- Weekday rates from £10.27ph rising to £11.77ph with overtime, weekend rates from £11.30ph rising to £12.80ph with overtime
- Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
- Part Time (22.5 or 15 hours per week) also considered
- Typical shifts are 7.5 hours, and shift patterns will fall between 07.00 and 22.00 although these hours may be flexible
- You will be required 2 out of 3 weekends (weekend shift patterns are between 07.30 - 22.00), with enhanced rates for weekends
- For this role it is preferred that you have a full driving licence and are willing to drive FitzRoy vehicles
- Support the management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location, acting as a role model for excellent practice.
- Be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the manager, and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- Work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- Give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- Carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.