Senior Support Worker – Hindhead
£11.26 - £14.76 per hour
Fitzroy are recruiting a Senior Support Worker to join our fantastic established team in Grayshott, near Hindhead. Donec Mews is a residential setting, supporting 16 residents with learning difficulties, autism and mental health needs. Set in a stunning rural location, with 3 separate houses and beautiful gardens on the grounds where our first service was started by Elizabeth Fitzroy, making this a truly privileged place to work. The team here are fantastic at what they do and are always thinking outside the box to come up with new ideas and adventures for residents. The people we support love partaking in various different activities, from bowling to local pub visits and cinema, so no 2 days will be the same. A driving licence and own vehicle are essential for this role, due to location.
- Support the management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location, acting as a role model for excellent practice.
- Be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- Work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- Give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- Carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.
What we offer:
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts