Senior Support Worker – Birmingham (Internal Only)
Birmingham, West Midlands
£9.98ph - £12.47ph
INTERNAL ADVERT - applications are welcome from current employees of FitzRoy and also those who are employed by FitzRoy through an agency
FitzRoy Support service in Birmingham provides complex care and in-depth support for adults with learning disabilities and autism, often with complicated needs including physical and mental impairments. We are seeking an exceptional and enthusiastic new Senior Support Worker to work in our Birmingham services – could this be you?
You will be an experienced Support Worker who has recent experience of working with people who are on the autistic spectrum, and will have demonstrable experience of working with adults with learning disabilities. Of particular interest are candidates with previous experience with peg feeding and supporting those who require complex care. We are seeking a confident, positive and forward-thinking person who is keen to support the team and the managers with flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Weekday rates from £9.98ph rising to £11.48ph with overtime, weekend rates £10.98ph rising to £12.47ph with overtime
- Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
- Weekend work and sleep-ins (22.00 - 0700) will be required (£45 sleep in allowance)
- Drivers essential
- Support the Management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location.
- Act as a role model for excellent practice; be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the Manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- Work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- Give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- Carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the above post, please provide your cv and cover letter and email to Abida Begum (firstname.lastname@example.org). A job description and person specification is attached for your information.
What we offer:
- Weekend and overtime enhancement rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Perkbox shopping discounts
- Blue Light Discount Card for staff
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.