Senior Support Worker – Altrincham
Altrincham - Trafford
£10.11 - £13.91 per hour
FitzRoy are pleased to be recruiting a Senior Support Worker for our Supported Living home in Altrincham.
People we support are encouraged to maintain their independence, with a focus from the staff to deliver support specific to the individual. Our staff support people with their in-house daily living tasks and to access the community when needed. We support people to attend health appointments, manage their finances, do a weekly food shop and have a presence in the community. The home is a fast paced, positive, exciting, and inclusive environment.
You will be an experienced Support Worker who has recent experience of working within the social care sector, desirably supporting adults with learning disabilities. If you enjoy supporting people to maintain a high quality of life and want to make a difference, we would love to hear from you!
Vacancy available: £10.11ph - £13.91 ph
- Weekday rates from £10.11ph rising to £13.91ph with overtime (above 37.5 hours)
- Full Time (37.5 hours per week).
- Part Time (varied hours) also considered but must be flexible and meet the needs of the service.
- Typical shift patterns: 07.30-15.00, 14.30-22.00, 10:00-18:00 and 10.00-22.30 + sleep-in but vary based on the needs of the service.
- Sleep-in shifts paid at a flat rate of £50
- Weekend work required at an enhanced pay rate as mentioned above.
- Overtime attracts +£2.50 per hour (over 37.5 hours)
- Support the management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location, acting as a role model for excellent practice.
- Be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- Work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- Give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- Carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.
What we offer:
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts