Residential Support Worker – Whoberly, Coventry
£9.16ph - £11.58ph
FitzRoy provides residential care in Coventry for adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities. We currently have a staff team of 14 supporting eight service users with complex physical needs. We are seeking exceptional new Support Workers who share our values to join our friendly team - could this be you?
- Weekday rates from £9.16ph rising to £10.66ph with overtime, weekend rates £10.08ph rising to £11.58ph with overtime
- Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
- Part Time (16 hours per week)
- Bank contracts are also available
- Shift patterns is for early/mids/late shifts between 07.00 and 20.00
- Weekend working and sleep ins required (at a fixed sleep-in rate of £45)
- A driving licence is preferred but not essential - the service has it's own minibus for the people we support
The people we support enjoy a variety of activities and would like to be supported in their everyday lives to build their independence, and to be supported to access the community on a regular basis, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle. Duties include medication administration, record keeping, domestic tasks, support with personal finances, as well a support with personal care. Most of the residents are wheelchair users, and some require our support with eating and drinking.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancement rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Perkbox shopping discounts
- Blue Light Discount Card for staff
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.