Residential Support Worker – Rayleigh
£9.42ph - £11.86ph
FitzRoy Residential Care in Rayleigh provides care and support for nine adults aged between 48-63 with learning disabilities and autism, some with physical impairments. We are seeking exceptional new support workers to join our friendly team of 30 staff – could this be you?
- Weekday rates from £9.42ph rising to £10.92ph with overtime, weekend rates from £10.36ph rising to 11.86ph with overtime
- Part Time (various contracts available)
- Would also consider weekends only at an enhanced rate (see above)
- Typical shifts are 7.5 hours, and shift pattern will fall between 07.00 and 22.00, although these hours may be flexible dependant on activities
- You will be required 2 out of 3 weekends (weekend shift patterns are between 07.30 - 22.00)
- Sleep -ins may be required in emergencies
- For this role it is preferred that you have a full driving licence and are willing to drive FitzRoy vehicles
The people we support enjoy going swimming, trampolining, listening to music, and watching movies. A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.