Registered Nurse – Learning Disabilities
£32,175.00 per year
FitzRoy are now looking to recruit a Registered Nurse to join our fantastic team in Nottingham in our Residential Service.
FitzRoy is a national charity that provides support and care for more than 800 people with learning disabilities so they can live independent lives.
If you are a Registered Nurse (RNLD, RGN, RNMH etc.) looking for a new positive and rewarding role in Registered Care then join our team at Huw’s. Huw’s is a registered nursing location which provides care and support for adults with profound and multiple Physical and Learning Disabilities in the centre of Nottingham.
- Various hours available (ideally to include days and nights)
- Bank contracts available
- 12 hour shifts to include one weekend out of two
- Nursing – exercise clinical judgement in respect of nursing care, provide skilled nursing support to the people we support, act as a named nurse to individual people we support, be responsible for the recording, control, issue and administration of medication
- Support – ensure that the people we support experience a high quality of care and support that promotes respect, choice, competence, participation and community presence
What we look for in our nurses:
- Registered Nurse (RGN, RNLD, RNMH etc.)
- Ideally Learning Disability experience
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible availability, to include weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others
- Drivers Licence and vehicle desirable but not essential
What we offer
- Contribution towards travel expenses.
- 30 days holiday inc Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Enhanced overtime payments
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.