Part Time Support Worker – Newark & Sherwood
Newark & Sherwood
Due to continued growth and expansion, FitzRoy are now looking to recruit Learning Disability Support Workers to join our fantastic team in Nottinghamshire.
If you are a Health Care Support Worker, Health Care Assistant or a Carer looking for a new positive and rewarding role in Home Care / Outreach Support / Domiciliary Care or just wish to top up your hours, then join FitzRoy.
Our Domiciliary branch are looking for Learning Disability Support Workers to join on a part time basis. We offer work between 7am - 10pm, you can do as many or as little shifts as you like to make up your desired hours. Client visits are at least 1hour 30 minutes and you will be supporting adults with learning disabilities to live independently.
- Social Activities – Accompanying people to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
What we look for in our support workers/carers:
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible availability, to include weekends and occasional sleep-ins
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others
- Drivers Licence and own transport essential
What we offer:
- £8.27ph with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays rising with service
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application