Part Time Support Worker – Locks Heath
Locks Heath, Hampshire
£9.42ph - £10.36ph
FitzRoy Supported Living service in Locks Heath provides care and support for young residents with learning difficulties and autism. We currently have staff team of 12 supporting five young adults. We are seeking exceptional new support workers to join our friendly team, and enable the people we support to live a varied and full life.
Activities could include anything from day-to-day activities to accompanying them to go swimming, visit the cinema, horse-riding and even kayaking! The people we support also enjoy going on walks, shopping, trampolining, sailing, going bowling, football, and visiting the Queen Elizabeth activity centre.
- Weekday rates from £9.42ph, rising to £10.36ph at weekends
- Part Time (22.5 hours per week)
- Shift patterns between 07.00 and 22.00
- To include alternate weekend work at an enhanced overtime rate
- Driver essential for the needs of the service users
A support worker’s day is varied and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. Through getting to know the people you support, you will identify and work with them to achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancement rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Perkbox shopping discounts
- Blue Light Discount Card for staff
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.