Part Time Support Worker – Dereham
FitzRoy are looking to recruit a part time Learning Disability Support Worker to join our team in Dereham, Norfolk.
FitzRoy is a national charity that provides support and care for more than 800 people with learning disabilities so they can live independent lives.
We are looking for a female support worker to provide part time support to a single lady in her own home in Dereham. The role requires a full driving licence and a willingness to drive on local roads. Experience in British Sign Language would be advantageous.
If you are a Health Care Support Worker, Health Care Assistant or a Carer looking for a new positive and rewarding role or just wish to top up your hours, then join FitzRoy.
- Part Time - 30 hours a month
Shifts are every other week as follows:
Week 2 - Thurs 1000- 1600, Friday sleep-in, Sat 0700-1600
Week 4 - Weds 1000 - 1600, Friday sleep-in, Sat 0700-1600
There is also the possibility of working some additional shifts at our other services.
- Social Activities – Accompanying to health care appointments, day and activity centres, shopping, and social events
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, shopping and cleaning
- Personal Care – Support with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, personal hygiene as required
What we are looking for:
- Female only
- Reliable and dependable
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Drivers Licence (essential) and vehicle (not essential but desirable)
What we offer:
- Day - £8.27ph with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application
Click Apply to visit our website for a full job description and to complete a short Application Form