FitzRoy are looking to recruit a reliable and proactive Maintenance person to be responsible for the general maintenance of our care homes covering Birmingham. FitzRoy are a national charity who provide care & support for individuals with learning disabilities.
- Part Time - 28 hours per week
We are keen to find people who share our values, & exhibit behaviours & attitudes that match our own! If you are already a Maintenance person or have practical DIY skills and are seeking a new challenge, then join FitzRoy!
- General Maintenance – small repairs and maintenance, gardening, painting & decorating, DIY plumbing and electrics, checking and maintaining vehicles.
- Health and Safety – carry out Health and Safety Checks
- Maintenance Projects – liaise with contractors and obtain quotes for specialist works.
What we look for:
- Practical skills / DIY abilities, to be able to carry out repair tasks on vehicles, property and external areas
- Own set of tools and appropriate PPE required
- Able to take initiative to identify defects / needs and act if necessary
- Time management skills & respectful towards others
- Drivers licence and own vehicle essential
In return, FitzRoy can offer:
- Annual leave, Bank holidays, increasing with service
- Pension plan & life assurance
- Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate may be required to apply for a free DBS.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form or call Helen on 01730 711 081 for an informal chat.
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period & reserve the right to close the advert early.