Maintenance Person- Ashford
FitzRoy are looking to recruit a reliable and proactive Maintenance person to be responsible for the general maintenance of our care homes near Ashford. FitzRoy are a national charity who provide care and support for individuals with learning disabilities.
- Part Time – 30 hours per week.
We are keen to find people who share our values, & exhibit behaviours & attitudes that match our own! If you are already a Maintenance person or have practical DIY skills and are seeking a new challenge, then join FitzRoy!
- General Maintenance – small repairs and maintenance, gardening, painting & decorating, DIY plumbing and electrics, checking and maintaining vehicles.
- Health and Safety – carry out Health and Safety Checks
- Maintenance Projects – liaise with contractors and obtain quotes for specialist works.
What we look for:
- Practical skills / DIY abilities, to be able to carry out repair tasks on vehicles, property and external areas
- Own set of tools and appropriate PPE required
- Able to take initiative to identify defects / needs and act if necessary
- Time management skills & respectful towards others
- Drivers licence and own vehicle essential
In return, FitzRoy can offer:
- £9.20ph (£18,000FTE)
- 25 days annual leave – excl. Bank holidays, increasing with service
- Pension plan & life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Discount scheme with major retailers
- Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will be required to apply for a free DBS.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form or call Liz on 01730 711109 for an informal chat.
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period & reserve the right to close the advert early.