HR Business Partner
Fitzroy are a national charity transforming the lives of people with learning disabilities. As a value-driven organisation, the people we support are always at the heart of everything we do, and this helps us transform lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our thriving HR Team.
Purpose of the Job
To provide true business partner support to senior operational colleagues, and their managers who run registered care services. Driving the HR strategy and leading on projects on a diverse range of HR matters from engagement, wellbeing, performance and recruitment.
Outline of Responsibilities and Duties
- To business partner with Two or more Regional Managers (Senior Operational colleagues) on all HR matters.
- Provide strategic direction to operational colleagues in line with HR strategy which includes a strong focus labour turnover, reducing agency use, recruitment and engagement.
- Line management of the HR Advisor, having oversight and overall accountability for employee relations issues, including, performance management, disciplinary, grievance, absence issues and capability.
- Oversight or recruitment activity to ensure a proactive approach to recruitment and a focused effort on recruitment hot spots.
- Manage key strategic HR initiatives as required including TUPE, restructuring, and other change programmes so that colleagues are treated fairly and in a respectful manner.
- Review and update policy, practices and procedural guides following changes in employment law and general terms and conditions of employment so that FitzRoy remains informed, up to date and legal in the way that it informs and treats colleagues.
- Maintain and update computerised employee records in the HR Management System, iTrent; develop and produce statistical reports and management information.
- Prepare and deliver HR Training, where necessary in order for our managers to be well informed and competent and handling people issues.
- Undertake benchmarking reviews (HR policies, processes, pay and benefits surveys, etc).
What experience do you need?
- Level 7 CIPD Qualification.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and statutory legislation.
- Business Partnering experience with senior colleagues.
- Employee relations experience to enable overall accountability of HR Advisor’s case work.
- Have had previous oversight of recruitment.
- Experience of recruitment in a challenging sector.
- Experience of changing expressed or implied terms and conditions of employment.
- Managing and delivering HR projects.
- TUPE experience – desirable.
What are the Benefits?
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more.
- Life assurance
- The contract may be extended beyond 6 months, and we can then offer additional benefits including:
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family.
- Perkbox shopping discounts.
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early
Contract length: 6 months