Female Support Worker – Birmingham
Birmingham, West Midlands
£9.16ph - £11.58ph
FitzRoy Support service in Birmingham provides complex care and in-depth support for adults with learning disabilities and autism, often with complicated needs including physical and mental impairments. We are seeking exceptional and enthusiastic female Support Workers to work in our Birmingham services – could this be you?
- Weekday rates from £9.16ph rising to £10.66ph with overtime, weekend rates £10.08ph rising to £11.58ph with overtime
- Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
- Part Time hours also available
- Weekend work and sleep-ins (22.00 - 07.00) will be required (£45 sleep in allowance)
- For this role it is essential that you have a full driving licence and vehicle, as you will be transporting service users to their desired interests
- Female only due to the care needs of the people we support
We believe our service users should be able and encouraged to achieve whatever they would like to do, and our support workers help them overcome challenges presented by their condition. You will be expected to carry out everyday tasks including support and encouragement with personal care and feeding as well as taking part in a range of community activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker. We will invest in your development and training to become an exceptional care worker as long as long you have the enthusiasm to learn.
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.