Female Day Service Support Worker – Mansfield
FitzRoy's Day Service in Mansfield provides care and support for adults with learning disabilities and autism out in the community. We are seeking exceptional new support workers to join our friendly team and help the people we support take part in activities at the community NHS day centre – could this be you?
The Day Centre is centrally located with amazing transport links, right in the town of Mansfield (only a 10 minute walk from the bus station) so non-drivers are welcome to apply. We are however recruiting for female applicants only.
- Weekday rates from £9.16ph
- Part Time (19 hours per week)
- Shift patterns between 08.30 - 16.20, Monday-Wednesday, to cover the opening hours of the Day Service
- Driver non-essential as day centre close to town centre and bus station
- Female only due to the needs of the service
A support worker’s day is varied and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. Through getting to know the people you support, you will identify and work with them to achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives.
You will be expected to carry out everyday tasks including support and encouragement with personal care, as well as taking part in a range of community activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.