Day Support Worker – Waterlooville
FitzRoy are now looking to recruit a Part Time Day Service Support Worker to join our fantastic team at our day service based in Waterlooville town centre.
FitzRoy is a national charity that provides support and care for more than 800 people with learning disabilities so they can live independent lives.
The service offers a wide range of activities which are tailored to suit the service user based on what each individuals hobbies are. There is a fully adapted vehicle which allows the services users to attend other activities based within the local community such as swimming, bowling and cooking. The main aim of the service is to emphasise life-long learning, and everyone who joins us is inspired to learn new skills, cultivate independence, and have lots of fun!
- Part Time - 19.5 hours per week. To be split between Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 9am - 3:30pm. The successful candidate must be flexible with their hours to attend necessary training courses and the occasional shift cover. To be successful in this role you must have relevant previous experience and hold a full UK drivers licence.
- Bank (zero hours casual contract)
- Social Activities – Accompanying & encouraging people to take part in community and service based activities, social events and supporting to interact with other service users
- Practical Support – Administering medication and supporting with personal care
What we look for in our support workers/carers:
- Reliable and dependable
- A sensitive and responsive communicator
- Respectful towards others
- Empathetic, understanding and caring attitude
- Passion for helping others achieve their goals
What we offer:
- £8.80ph with generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime
- 28 days annual leave – incl. Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application
Interviews to be held in Petersfield on Tuesday 16th & Wednesday 17th October.