Credit Controller – Maternity Cover
£25- 27,000pa DOE
Job Title: Credit Controller (Maternity Cover)
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 Depending on Experience
Purpose of the Role
To raise fee related invoices and maintain debtors in accordance with expected targets and to ensure accurate and up to date contract information is kept for all the people we support. Continually improve the systems and procedures to ensure that the finance department delivers the highest standards of service and performance to all internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain sales ledger for clients funded by local authorities (LA) and other sources (NHS, personal etc.)
- Maintain database of all the people we support and their contract fees.
- Update database with any starters, leavers and other changes to reflect the current position at all times, ensuring these changes have been accurately reflected in the relevant invoicing schedules.
- Raise and distribute invoices on a monthly, 4 weekly or ad-hoc basis, ensuring these are in line with funding authority requirements.
- Ensure accurate records are kept of all invoices raised and any related communication.
- Ensure accurate and timely collection of all fee related debts, liaising with LA, clients and their advocates as well as internal management where necessary.
- Ensure accurate allocation in Sage of all payments received, reconciling each receipt back to the relevant remittance advice. Monitor these receipts to ensure they are as per the latest contract.
- Proactively resolve any invoicing delays or payment discrepancies.
- Work to maintain debtors’ level at agreed target and report monthly on debtors with associated narrative.
- Produce and post monthly invoicing accruals.
- Reconcile sales ledger monthly.
- Keep funding/contract records for each person we support and chase both LA and internal managers for any outstanding contracts.
- Maintain good working relationships with funding authorities and internal managers.
- Maintain quality and adherence to processes, identifying and contributing to their improvement.
- Ensure every aspect of confidentiality relating to FitzRoy, service users and staff is strictly maintained, and data protection legislation is adhered to.
- Establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with staff at all levels and outside agencies.
- Take action to keep yourself professionally updated and assist in the identification of your own learning and development needs.
- Undertake any other similar duties as requested.
- This job description will be reviewed and updated from time to time.? The duties and responsibilities may change according to the needs of the organisation.
- FitzRoy is a charity for adults with learning disabilities. We transform the lives of people with learning disabilities, helping them live more independently at home and in the community. We listen to people, helping them make their own choices. We believe disabilities should not hold people back from doing the things they want to do.
What are the Benefits?
- 28 days holiday inc Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Enhanced overtime payments
- Training and Development to further your skills.
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early