Community Support Worker – Newark & Sherwood
Newark & Sherwood, Nottingham
£9.16ph - £11.58ph
FitzRoy Support at Home in Newark and Sherwood provides care, support & enablement for adults in the community who live with mental health conditions and learning disabilities across the Nottinghamshire area.
Your role in the team will focus on upskilling the people we support to achieve their goals and develop their life skills where previously they have faced challenges – this could include anything from supporting them to become independent on public transport, attending colleges and gaining employment, to enabling them to visit day centres and engage proactively in their wider community.
- Weekday rates from £9.16ph rising to £10.66ph with overtime, weekend rates from £10.08ph rising to £11.58ph with overtime
- Full Time contracts (37.5 hours per week), as well as part time and bank contracts available
- Shifts tend to fall between between 08.00 - 20.00, with flexibility for shorter shifts if preferred
- Alternate weekend work required
- Paid for travel time between calls as well as visits to service users
- Drivers licence desirable but we can accept non-drivers as some of our calls are accessible on foot or by public transport
You will join an inclusive, supportive team that works well together to provide support. Qualifications and experience are not necessary for this role as full training will be given. The most important attributes you need are patience, compassion, empathy and a positive attitude.
What we offer:
- Paid mileage and travel time
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancement rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Perkbox shopping discounts
- Blue Light Discount Card for staff
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.