Home Based - Flexible Location with National Travel & attendance at Central Support, Petersfield, Hampshire
£30,000pa + Car allowance
FitzRoy is a dynamic and inspiring national charity committed to transforming the lives of people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and autism. We support more than 800 people across England where we push beyond traditional care and address the many misconceptions about what life for a person with disabilities should be like.
We are excited to advertise a new opportunity for an Assistive Technologist to develop FitzRoy’s approach to Assistive Technology (AT), ensuring the organisation is at the fore-front of technological advances in the social care sector.
As an Assistive Technologist, you will be responsible for:
- Developing the AT strategy for the organisation
- Increasing the use of AT across our services and developing an understanding of local access pathways
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure AT meets the needs of the individual
- Providing training and support on a range of technology
- Developing, maintaining and updating a mobile AT library
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A passion for digital technology with an in-depth knowledge of how AT can benefit a wide range of disabilities
- Experience of working in therapeutic and/or disability tech sectors (occupational therapy, speech and language therapy or learning settings)
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to build successful relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Degree (or equivalent) in a relatable field
- Driving licence and the flexibility to travel extensively with overnight stays
In return for your hard work, FitzRoy offer 25 days holiday, pension, life insurance, childcare vouchers plus much more.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a role that will be pivotal in improving the lives of adults with disabilities. It is an exciting time to join the organisation as we embark on a digital transformation journey. If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Applicants wanting apply on a secondment basis are welcome
No agencies please