Activity Day Service Support Worker – Sale
Sale, Greater Manchester
£9.28ph - £10.78ph
FitzRoy Day Service provides care and 1-1 support for adults with learning disabilities in Sale, Cheshire. We are a Day Service providing in-house and community-based activities including cooking, computer sessions, cycling, arts and crafts, and interactive games sessions. We also support out in the community on activities during local outings such as visiting parks in the area, and much more!
We are seeking exceptional new Support Workers to join our friendly team of five – could this be you?
- Weekday rates from £9.28ph rising to £10.78ph with overtime
- Part Time (30 hours per week) - some smaller part time contracts (between 18-24 hours per week) may be considered
- Monday-Friday role - no weekend work required
- Typical shift pattern: either 09.30-15.30 or 10.00-16.00
- For this role it is preferred that you hold a full driving licence & be willing to drive our accessible minibuses
- Previous social care experience preferred
A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
What we offer:
- Weekend and overtime enhancement rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Perkbox shopping discounts
- Blue Light Discount Card for staff
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will be responsible for the care of vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider, we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer, and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.