With the right support you can enjoy the independence of living in your own home, regardless of your disability.
Supported Living and Support at Home from FitzRoy offer you more choice and a real sense of what is possible to achieve in your life. Regular reviews with you also help us to be responsive and understand how your life is changing and what you would like to achieve.
Where you live and the support you receive will be separate. FitzRoy works in partnership with housing providers; we provide the support within the supported living service.
Sometimes, different parts of your support may be paid for by different funding teams – this will depend on your circumstances and the support that you need or choose.
- Where you live: your housing could be through a private landlord, through a housing association, or you may own your own home.
- The support you receive: support is based on your individual needs, often from a budget which you control, with some choice about who provides your support.
When you choose FitzRoy, we will visit you to talk about the support you need and how we can help. We will take time to get to know you – what you like and don’t like, and how you want to live your life. We will make a plan with you and agree:
- When we will provide support and how long for, such as days of the week, and times of day.
- Who will provide the care and support to you. We may already have staff working in your area, or we may even need to recruit a new team member especially to support you.
- Who will support you is really important – it’s your home, and you need to be comfortable and feel safe. We will give you as much choice as possible. We will also meet any other important people who support you, so we are clear about your expectations as part of your wider team.