FitzRoy’s day and community services encourage fun, learning, relationships, and empower people to discover new opportunities; that is why they are so popular! Every service offers a different programme of activities, but there are some common features:
- A safe, relaxed and friendly place to meet people, promoting social skills and confidence building
- Regular reviews of individual’s support, ensuring needs and aspirations are being fully met
- Up-to-date information on all activities and learning opportunities in the local area
- Working in partnership with education and skills providers to promote access and support into further education, both in-house and externally
- Work towards ASDAN qualifications
- Supported volunteering – help for you to volunteer locally and be part of your community.
Activities vary from location to location, but include things like:
Arts and crafts • Drama • Dance • Nature studies • Cookery Sessions • Sensory room • Gym • Bowling • Swimming • Bike riding • Shopping • Accessible computers and IT • Chill-out room (and games galore)• Gardening, Horticulture and rural skills • Photography • Drama • Local outings • Travel skills • Budgeting • Music • and more
We can support you to get involved in your community and use your skills by volunteering. It may be the first time you have been able to donate your time and skills to others, but we can help you every step of the way.Our supported volunteers donate their time, skills and experience to a wide range of good causes, including conservation, education, lunch clubs, community centres, faith groups, horticulture and museums.We always help you to work out what skills you have to offer and which good causes you want to join. We will then give you ongoing support while you are volunteering.