A-Z of Fundraising Ideas
Thank you for fundraising on behalf of FitzRoy! Whether you are an individual, family member, community group, school or business, there are plenty of fundraising ideas and events for you to choose from. Check out our A-Z of fundraising ideas…
- Ask for ideas and support and don’t be afraid to ask for donations, it’s for a fantastic cause!
- Art exhibitions are a great way of raising money. If you are a painter or photographer, or you know someone who is, why not hold a sale?
- Auction of promises – get someone (bosses, parents, and teachers) to offer their tea making or car washing services for the day. People can then bid for their services!
- Abseiling is a great dare devil sport; why not get family and friends to sponsor you to get over your fear of heights.
- Baby competition – ask colleagues or friends to bring baby photos of them into work or school. People can then pay to play ‘guess who?’. Guaranteed to make people blush!
- Bring and buy, at work, in your garden, at your community centre or at a local boot fair.
- Be shameless! Keep talking about your fundraising efforts while you’re doing it. Get people involved.
- Barn Dance the night away, and ask people for a donation to attend the event.
- Bingo night is always lots of fun, why not ask people to make a donation to play. You could even have the winnings as a donation?
- Car boot sale
- Church collection
- Company contacts – ask your suppliers for sponsorship if you are doing an event, or for gifts in kind.
- Coffee mornings are so easy to do and so much fun! You could include a cake sale too.
- Christmas cards – why not buy your cards from us this year and make a real difference.
- Dress down for the day. Pay for the privilege!
- Diet – trying to lose a few pounds? Why not eat healthily, do lots of exercise and get people to sponsor all your hard work.
- Drink – get sponsored to give up alcohol, or anything else you love.
- Darts evening – Invite your friends around and ask for a donation to participate.
- Email is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family and ask for sponsorship.
- Ever ready – keep your eyes open to new fundraising opportunities at work or in the community.
- Exercise Bike Race – ask your local gym to help out, and get sponsorship for the miles.
- Fashion show.
- Fancy dress party or fancy dress days are a great way to raise funds – and fun too.
- Fetes and fairs – have a stall and sell homemade goods.
- Fine box for colleagues’ swearing or lateness.
- Football kit day at work. Pay to wear one, and prepare for football banter!
- Golf Day Tournament.
- Guess the number e.g. balloons in a car, sweets in a jar, or any other wacky ideas you can think of.
- Hobbies – could your hobbies raise money? Think about walking, cycling, painting or any other hobbies that could raise funds.
- Horse racing or greyhound racing – organise a sweepstake at work, and see who gets lucky.
- It’s a knockout! – get a group of friends together and organise a crazy day of fun events.
- Jazz night, using local bands in your area.
- Jumble sale.
- JustGiving – a great way to get sponsorship from friends and family for your event.
- Karaoke evening.
- Kick-off – 5-a-side tournament among friends, family and work colleagues.
- Line dancing evening
- Lunch time madness – set a week aside for all your colleagues to bring in a packed lunch and then donate the money they have saved!
- Matched donation from your company.
- Murder mystery party.
- Nice to your neighbour day. Offer to wash their windows, mow the lawn or sweep their drive, and ask for a donation.
- Organise mini events such as raffles or auctions at parties, or a quiz night leading up to an event.
- Opera night – try to get a group discount on opera or theatre tickets and then charge everyone a bit extra for the outing.
- Party – 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, beach, James Bond … the themes are endless.
- Pub crawl (fancy dress or three legged).
- Public humiliations – get the director of your company in the stocks and then throw tomatoes at them – the more senior the better!
- Quiz night – organise one yourself, or ask your local pubs to give you a percentage of the takings from their weekly quiz.
- Quiet time – do a sponsored silence for as long as you can stand it.
- Races – Three-legged, egg and spoon, relay … or all three!
- Relatives – Get your family to ask all of their friends to sponsor you/come along to your events.
- Regular Giving – set up a regular monthly donation with us via our website.
- Sponsored activities – you and friends can walk, swim, dance, fast or bungee jump. Whatever you choose to do, get sponsored.
- Shave your head or beard – or someone else’s (and get people to sponsor you).
- Street party.
- Smoking – get sponsored to give up and donate the money you save over the first week/month/year.
- Tin – ask us for a collection box to use at home, in a shop or in your local pub.
- Treasure hunt.
- Twenty-four-hour marathon – play darts, stay awake or watch endless films. Get sponsored!
- Use your network of colleagues and friends to come up with ideas and help with activities.
- Unwanted and unused gifts sale.
- Vintage wine tasting
- Valet service – offer to clean cars inside and out for all your family, friends and colleagues.
- Wine and cheese party – homemade wine, prizes and cheese donated. Play games and charge entry.
- Waltz – big band night (use old-time records if you can’t find a band).
- X-ercise – get your local gym to organise a sponsored work out day or get sponsored to get fit.
- ‘Xtra, Xtra read all about it’ – write to us and tell us all about your fundraising activities, and you may even get on our website.
- Your own ideas – if you have any of your own fundraising ideas please use them, the sky is your limit!
- Zest and passion – essential if you are going to make the best of your fundraising. Your fundraising will make a real difference to people’s lives and you should feel proud that you’re doing it!