Thank you for deciding to fundraise for FitzRoy! We want to help you make your event as successful as possible, and we are always here to support you in any way we can. To get you started, here are five ways we can help you:
- It is always helpful to have information about FitzRoy when you are raising money for us, so when people ask about the organisation you can show them how we transform lives. We can send you information to give to potential sponsors and donors.
- It is important to advertise your fundraising activity or event in order for it to be successful. The more people that know about it, the more people are likely to support it! We can create posters and invitations using our readymade and easy to use templates.
- If you decide to take part in a fundraising event – whether it’s a sponsored silence, a marathon or a coffee morning – you will need sponsor forms to get donations. You can print off a sponsor form, or contact us for one.
- As well as paper sponsor forms, we would recommend you set up a JustGiving page. This will allow you to have an online sponsor form which you can easily email to friends and family so they can make their donation online. It is free to set up, and only takes a few minutes to do. Please visit JustGiving and follow the instructions under 'Start fundraising' to set up your own JustGiving page.
- If you are a UK tax payer, you can make donation(s) go even further, at no cost to you, by simply asking your sponsors to sign a Gift Aid declaration. Gift aid allows us to claim an extra 25% on top of a donation from the Inland Revenue and other government sources. This means that for every £10 you give, we will receive a further £2.50. Visit their website for full information.
For further help and advice about fundraising please contact our fundraising team on 01730 711111. We would love to hear all about your plans for fundraising for 2012, so please keep in touch.